Archive for category Sales Process
The term “photo blog” has almost become redundant. Between the popularity of microblogging, and the fact that smartphones are capable of producing high-quality images, our digital communication has become increasingly photo-centric. We consume so much content in our digital lives, it seems we’ve developed a need for it to be presented in the simplest, most efficient way possible. Enter: the photo blog.
So how can you get in on the action? There are a few basic rules. First, it should be said, a photo blog can be pretty much anything you want it to be, so long as your content is predominantly –- you guessed it — photos. These pics can be your own, pulled in from across the web, submitted by users or some combination of the three. Basically, when it comes to photo blogs, there are many options.
Here’s how to get started. >>>HOW TO: Get Started With Photo Blogging.
You are currently browsing the archives for the Sales Process category.
- Flickr Joins 500px As Stock Agency. Is Instagram Next?We knew it was coming but it wasn’t just the expectation that made the announcement from Flickr such an anti-climax. The declaration that the photo-sharing site will now provide its own way for members to license their images, following the end of its agreement with Getty, was also disappointingly short of details. Flickr’s members can […]Dean
- How To Sell Your Photos If You Shoot: LandscapesSo you like to shoot landscapes. When the weekend rolls around you like nothing more than to pack up your camera and head to somewhere pretty and photogenic, a place filled with trees and dappled sunlight or snow and rocks. You probably already have a hard drive filled with beautiful photos of beautiful places. It […]Dean
- Will 500px Prime Give Photography Enthusiasts Money For Their Art?500px, the artistic photo-sharing platform, might just be about to launch a new revolution in stock photography. Prime, the site’s licensing arm, officially opened on April 3rd following a soft launch that started shortly after the beginning of the year. The service allows the site’s users to sell licenses for their images. Like microstock sites, […]Dean
- How To Shoot A Million Dollar SelfieEllen DeGeneres was probably overplaying Bradley Cooper’s photography skills when she called that image the “best photo ever.” But the #Oscar post that broke the record for the largest number of retweets on Twitter might also have broken another record: for the world’s most valuable image. With over 3 million retweets, the picture, with its […]laurie
- It’s Not Travel Photography, But Photographing Travelers May Be Photography’s Next Big ThingPhotography: Paola Colleoni On a trip to Paris with her best friend two years ago, Nicole Smith did what everyone does on vacation. As she and her friend stood at tourist sites, she would take out her phone, hold it at arm’s length and snap a few selfies. Sometimes the pair would buttonhole a passing […]Dean
- Women To Get A Stronger Image In Stock PhotographyThe stock industry is about to change. We’ve heard that before but this time the change, if it happens, will be positive, affect content rather than distribution and will give new opportunities to photographers to shoot not just more images but more interesting images. The change is coming from Sheryl Sandberg. Facebook’s CEO has teamed […]Dean
- 8 Steps To Better Photography SalesMoving from photography enthusiast to a photography enthusiast whose pictures earn money doesn’t just take talent, skill and effort. It takes talent, skill and the right effort. Here are eight things that you need to be doing right now if you’re going to make money from your images. 1. Promote yourself on Flickr and 500px […]laurie
- The Top Shared Professional Pictures On Social Media in 2013It’s nice to get paid for an image but if you can’t get paid for an image, you can at least get praised for it. Through social media, that’s easy. Build a following, put up a great picture and watch those likes, shares, views and comments flood in. Of course, for some photographers, accounts and […]laurie
- The Changing Face Of PhotopreneurialismFor a while at least, photography enthusiasts who wanted to make a little money from their photos, had it easy. Or at least they had it easier than they used to have it. Not only had the prices of professional-quality digital cameras fallen to an affordable level but at the same time, photo-sharing sites made […]Dean
- Strange Photography Classes You’ve Never ConsideredSure, you know all about f-stops and composition. You’ve taken classes on lighting and landscape photography. But there’s a lot you don’t know — and a long list of photography classes and workshops that you’ve never even considered. Here are a bunch of them. Photograph Ghosts, Ghoulies and Things That Go Bump in the Night […]laurie
- Your Biggest Photography Fears (And How To Beat Them)It’s not the quality of your images that’s stopping you from making more sales and building even a part-time photography business. It’s your fears. To get them out of the way and create the growth you deserve, you first have to identify them — then squish them. You’ll probably find at least one — and […]laurie
- Instagram Stock Sites Struggle, Art SellsBacked by Facebook, Instagram is now the main platform for shooting and sharing. With more than 130 million members, 45 million images uploaded each day and a billion daily likes spreading those photos across accounts, Instagram is the most important tool for casual snappers and photography enthusiasts who want to capture interesting scenes and show […]Dean
- Documenting Poverty Brings a Career and Recognition for Bangladeshi PhotojournalistPhotography: GMB Akash Few photographers will have started with the odds stacked so highly against them as GMB Akash. Born in Bangladesh, Akash had no access to photography galleries or darkrooms when he was growing up. There were no opportunities for him to work as an assistant to a well-known professional, learn the trade and […]Dean
- Even the Best Photography Enthusiasts Have Their LimitsIt doesn’t matter how much talent a photography enthusiast might have, what equipment they own or how comprehensive their technical skills, there are a number of jobs that they’re just never going to land. When it comes to the biggest, the most lucrative and the most demanding photography gigs, paying clients will always turn to […]laurie
- How Good Are Your Photoshop Skills?Photographers who want to improve their landscape photography, to pick up some new wedding photography techniques, or to learn how to shoot children are spoilt for choice. Search on Google for a “photography workshop” and you’ll get more than 67 million results. Whatever kind of photography you want to practice, from snapping models to capturing […]Dean
- Photographers to Get (Small) Reward for Their Creative Commons ImagesImage courtesy: Dotspin Someone is benefitting from your Creative Commons-licensed images, and it probably isn’t you. Sure, you might get a little thrill out of knowing that you’re helping a designer with a small budget (or a blogger with no budget) to use an attractive image. And if you’re able to see your pictures in […]Dean
- Flickr Joins 500px As Stock Agency. Is Instagram Next?
- Tips for Planning and Capturing a Creative Portrait December 10, 2017There is saying, in the photography world, that an image can be taken in a hundred different ways. This is especially true, as you have probably already noticed when capturing portraits. Portrait photography is probably the most popular genre, within the realm of the diverse world that is the art of photography. People take portraits […] The post Tips for Pl […]Nikolay Mirchev
- Review of K&F Concept KF-885 Speedlight December 10, 2017A few weeks back I received the K&F Concept KF-885 Speedlight to test out and review. Now before I get into the review for this flash, I have to say that I have been a Canon photographer ever since I started my business in 2010. Even before I was photographing for clients, I always gravitated […] The post Review of K&F Concept KF-885 Speedlight by Ka […]Karthika Gupta
- Tips for Photographing Reflections to Create Stunning Images December 9, 2017It can’t be denied. There’s something special about reflections that makes them a unique aspect of photography. Maybe it’s because a reflection just like a photograph is a gateway to another world, parallel but restricted. Also just like photography, reflections are a simplification of our world; they turn a 3D reality into a 2D representation. […] The post […]Hannele Luhtasela-el Showk
- How to Clone Yourself – Step by Step Tutorial December 9, 2017You have probably seen photos on the internet where the same person appears in multiple spots in a single photo. At first sight, you might not have believed it, and later you must have gone berserk looking for ways that effect can be achieved. Well, who does not want that superhero feeling where you can […] The post How to Clone Yourself – Step by Step Tutor […]Kunal Malhotra
- Weekly Photography Challenge – Wide-Angle December 8, 2017Different lenses produce a different look and effect in your images. Wide-angle lenses add depth and dimension to your images and give them a sense of three-dimensionality. They can be used to add humor and add interest as well. But, you must use a wide-angle lens properly. Weekly Photography Challenge – Wide-Angle The key to […] The post Weekly Photography […]Darlene Hildebrandt
- Quick Video Tutorial – 8 DIY Photography Hacks for the Kitchen December 8, 2017Here is another fun video from the team over at COOPH. This time they’re playing with ordinary household items found in your kitchen. Here are 8 DIY photography hacks you can do at home Watch as they play with some eggs, kitchen utensils, have fun with a cheese grater, make a DIY softbox for a […] The post Quick Video Tutorial – 8 DIY Photography Hacks for t […]Darlene Hildebrandt
- The Importance of Being Honest With Yourself and Your Clients December 7, 2017If you do any photography for clients, either on a regular basis or whenever work comes your way, there can be a tendency to be somewhat creative when answering questions about your skills, abilities, and expectations. You might be asked to shoot a wedding when you don’t necessarily have the gear or experience to do […] The post The Importance of Being Hones […]Simon Ringsmuth
- How to Enhance Colors Using Photoshop’s Color Range Tool December 7, 2017Luminosity Masks have become a go-to technique for many photographers wanting to make selective adjustments on their images. While it’s a great way to create precise masks, it’s a mask solely based on the luminosity of a pixel and it may not be ideal when you only want to make adjustments to a specific color. […] The post How to Enhance Colors Using Photosho […]Christian Hoiberg
- How to Master Natural Light Portraiture December 6, 2017I love working with natural light, I always have. Even more so now that our digital cameras have sensors so incredibly capable of making images in extremely low light. Making portraits using natural light only is a good skill to learn so you can make photographs anywhere. Here are some tips to help you mast […] The post How to Master Natural Light Portraitur […]Kevin Landwer-Johan
- 6 Types of Bracketing Your Camera Can Do and How to Use Them December 6, 2017Bracketing is a method of taking multiple images of the same scene at different settings in order to capture more detail in your shot. You might not be aware that there are actually a number of bracketing techniques besides the most common method which is exposure bracketing. Exposure bracketing allows you to retain more dynamic […] The post 6 Types of Brack […]Fadzai Saungweme
- Tips for Planning and Capturing a Creative Portrait December 10, 2017
- Texture Effects 2 $10 Off and Discount Coupon For All Topaz Plugins
- World's Most Powerful HDR Software - Exclusive Discount
- Amazing Pro Nik Photoshop Plugins - 100% Off - 100% Free
- Try Adobe Stock Free for One Month - Ends Soon!
- Topaz Full Photo Collection - Half Price - All Plugins For $249.99
- Topaz Texture Effects Sale - $49.99
- PhotoshopSupport and Adobe Exclusive Deal On Creative Cloud Photography Plan - Save Up To 20% On Your First Year
- Adobe Announces Major Updates to its Entire Photoshop and Lightroom Product Line
- Merging multiple images to create a panorama
- All About Smart Objects - Free Video Tutorial