Archive for category Flickr
The term “photo blog” has almost become redundant. Between the popularity of microblogging, and the fact that smartphones are capable of producing high-quality images, our digital communication has become increasingly photo-centric. We consume so much content in our digital lives, it seems we’ve developed a need for it to be presented in the simplest, most efficient way possible. Enter: the photo blog.
So how can you get in on the action? There are a few basic rules. First, it should be said, a photo blog can be pretty much anything you want it to be, so long as your content is predominantly –- you guessed it — photos. These pics can be your own, pulled in from across the web, submitted by users or some combination of the three. Basically, when it comes to photo blogs, there are many options.
Here’s how to get started. >>>HOW TO: Get Started With Photo Blogging.
You are currently browsing the archives for the Flickr category.
- Flickr Joins 500px As Stock Agency. Is Instagram Next?We knew it was coming but it wasn’t just the expectation that made the announcement from Flickr such an anti-climax. The declaration that the photo-sharing site will now provide its own way for members to license their images, following the end of its agreement with Getty, was also disappointingly short of details. Flickr’s members can […]Dean
- How To Sell Your Photos If You Shoot: LandscapesSo you like to shoot landscapes. When the weekend rolls around you like nothing more than to pack up your camera and head to somewhere pretty and photogenic, a place filled with trees and dappled sunlight or snow and rocks. You probably already have a hard drive filled with beautiful photos of beautiful places. It […]Dean
- Will 500px Prime Give Photography Enthusiasts Money For Their Art?500px, the artistic photo-sharing platform, might just be about to launch a new revolution in stock photography. Prime, the site’s licensing arm, officially opened on April 3rd following a soft launch that started shortly after the beginning of the year. The service allows the site’s users to sell licenses for their images. Like microstock sites, […]Dean
- How To Shoot A Million Dollar SelfieEllen DeGeneres was probably overplaying Bradley Cooper’s photography skills when she called that image the “best photo ever.” But the #Oscar post that broke the record for the largest number of retweets on Twitter might also have broken another record: for the world’s most valuable image. With over 3 million retweets, the picture, with its […]laurie
- It’s Not Travel Photography, But Photographing Travelers May Be Photography’s Next Big ThingPhotography: Paola Colleoni On a trip to Paris with her best friend two years ago, Nicole Smith did what everyone does on vacation. As she and her friend stood at tourist sites, she would take out her phone, hold it at arm’s length and snap a few selfies. Sometimes the pair would buttonhole a passing […]Dean
- Women To Get A Stronger Image In Stock PhotographyThe stock industry is about to change. We’ve heard that before but this time the change, if it happens, will be positive, affect content rather than distribution and will give new opportunities to photographers to shoot not just more images but more interesting images. The change is coming from Sheryl Sandberg. Facebook’s CEO has teamed […]Dean
- 8 Steps To Better Photography SalesMoving from photography enthusiast to a photography enthusiast whose pictures earn money doesn’t just take talent, skill and effort. It takes talent, skill and the right effort. Here are eight things that you need to be doing right now if you’re going to make money from your images. 1. Promote yourself on Flickr and 500px […]laurie
- The Top Shared Professional Pictures On Social Media in 2013It’s nice to get paid for an image but if you can’t get paid for an image, you can at least get praised for it. Through social media, that’s easy. Build a following, put up a great picture and watch those likes, shares, views and comments flood in. Of course, for some photographers, accounts and […]laurie
- The Changing Face Of PhotopreneurialismFor a while at least, photography enthusiasts who wanted to make a little money from their photos, had it easy. Or at least they had it easier than they used to have it. Not only had the prices of professional-quality digital cameras fallen to an affordable level but at the same time, photo-sharing sites made […]Dean
- Strange Photography Classes You’ve Never ConsideredSure, you know all about f-stops and composition. You’ve taken classes on lighting and landscape photography. But there’s a lot you don’t know — and a long list of photography classes and workshops that you’ve never even considered. Here are a bunch of them. Photograph Ghosts, Ghoulies and Things That Go Bump in the Night […]laurie
- Your Biggest Photography Fears (And How To Beat Them)It’s not the quality of your images that’s stopping you from making more sales and building even a part-time photography business. It’s your fears. To get them out of the way and create the growth you deserve, you first have to identify them — then squish them. You’ll probably find at least one — and […]laurie
- Instagram Stock Sites Struggle, Art SellsBacked by Facebook, Instagram is now the main platform for shooting and sharing. With more than 130 million members, 45 million images uploaded each day and a billion daily likes spreading those photos across accounts, Instagram is the most important tool for casual snappers and photography enthusiasts who want to capture interesting scenes and show […]Dean
- Documenting Poverty Brings a Career and Recognition for Bangladeshi PhotojournalistPhotography: GMB Akash Few photographers will have started with the odds stacked so highly against them as GMB Akash. Born in Bangladesh, Akash had no access to photography galleries or darkrooms when he was growing up. There were no opportunities for him to work as an assistant to a well-known professional, learn the trade and […]Dean
- Even the Best Photography Enthusiasts Have Their LimitsIt doesn’t matter how much talent a photography enthusiast might have, what equipment they own or how comprehensive their technical skills, there are a number of jobs that they’re just never going to land. When it comes to the biggest, the most lucrative and the most demanding photography gigs, paying clients will always turn to […]laurie
- How Good Are Your Photoshop Skills?Photographers who want to improve their landscape photography, to pick up some new wedding photography techniques, or to learn how to shoot children are spoilt for choice. Search on Google for a “photography workshop” and you’ll get more than 67 million results. Whatever kind of photography you want to practice, from snapping models to capturing […]Dean
- Photographers to Get (Small) Reward for Their Creative Commons ImagesImage courtesy: Dotspin Someone is benefitting from your Creative Commons-licensed images, and it probably isn’t you. Sure, you might get a little thrill out of knowing that you’re helping a designer with a small budget (or a blogger with no budget) to use an attractive image. And if you’re able to see your pictures in […]Dean
- Flickr Joins 500px As Stock Agency. Is Instagram Next?
- Weekly Photography Challenge – Black and White Landscape October 20, 2017Landscape photography is a popular genre, but it can be hard to do it really well. If you want to take your landscape images to the next level – try shooting some in black and white! There is some help here if you need it: Video Tutorial – Tips for Making Dramatic Black and White Landscape […] The post Weekly Photography Challenge – Black and White Landscape […]Darlene Hildebrandt
- Video Tutorial – Tips for Making Dramatic Black and White Landscape Photos October 20, 2017Shooting for black and white requires you to see a scene and think a little differently. You’re looking for a contrast of tones, not color, and it can be hard to “see” in black and white if you’re new to shooting in monochrome. Here is a short video with some practical tips you can apply […] The post Video Tutorial – Tips for Making Dramatic Black and White […]Darlene Hildebrandt
- 3 Times it’s Okay to Consider Offering Free Sessions October 19, 2017If you’ve made the transition from a hobbyist photographer to a part-time or full-time professional photographer, chances are that you’ve spent a lot of time thinking about your pricing. You’ve likely looked over your cost of doing business and the cost of goods sold. You’ve probably had to have some difficult conversations with friends and […] The post 3 Ti […]Meredith Clark
- How to Use Soft Light Blend Mode in Photoshop to Improve Exposure and Contrast October 19, 2017Do you have an overexposed sunny side and an underexposed shadow on the other side of your image? Or maybe a well-exposed photo that needs more vibrancy? There’s a tool so versatile that can help you fix any of these problems and more: the Soft Light Blend Mode. What are Layers? Imagine your photo as […] The post How to Use Soft Light Blend Mode in Photoshop […]Ana Mireles
- 7 Photography Myths Exposed October 18, 2017Photographers, of all people, should know that the world is not black and white. There are many shades of grey between black and white, between good and bad, and between right and wrong. It’s all a matter of perspective and circumstance. Yet photography is full of blanket statements about what you should and shouldn’t do. […] The post 7 Photography Myths Exp […]Anne McKinnell
- 4 Tips for the Minimalist Photographer October 18, 2017I’ve photographed countless sessions in the past nine years. Weddings, families, children, newborns, seniors, huge extended family groups, community events, products for companies, bike races, fine art, birth stories. . . You name it, I have probably photographed it. Knowing that you might be a little bit surprised when I tell you what equipment I […] The po […]Melinda Smith
- Review: Struman Lenses for Mobile Phones October 17, 2017As the use of mobile phones as cameras become more popular people want to get the best possible images with them. In some ways, they are very limited in how you can take photos. There are many companies now making lenses for mobile phones to help you get much better images. Some are better than […] The post Review: Struman Lenses for Mobile Phones by Leanne […]Leanne Cole
- Video Tutorial: How to Make Realistic Images Faster with Aurora HDR 2018 October 17, 2017As a landscape photographer who relies heavily on HDR to pull off much of my work, I’m always keen to learn about better ways of doing what I do. Most of the time my art tends to run towards natural looking images in contrast to the wild and crazy stuff of HDR’s reputation. The HDR […] The post Video Tutorial: How to Make Realistic Images Faster with Aurora […]Keith Cuddeback
- How to Supercharge Your Photography with Highlight-Weighted Metering October 16, 2017Modern digital cameras have a variety of metering modes that they use to evaluate the light coming through the lens and help you choose your exposure settings. Each one is different and designed to fit a specific need. As you gain experience with them you will start to know which metering mode to use for […] The post How to Supercharge Your Photography with […]Simon Ringsmuth
- Landscape Photography: It’s All About the Light October 16, 2017There are many tools that photographers use for creating compelling landscape photography, but some fail to realize that light is the most important element. We only shoot in those magic hours when the sun’s rays hit our subject at an angle to create a warm glow. What many people don’t realize is that there are […] The post Landscape Photography: It’s All Ab […]Holly Higbee-Jansen
- Weekly Photography Challenge – Black and White Landscape October 20, 2017
- Texture Effects 2 $10 Off and Discount Coupon For All Topaz Plugins
- World's Most Powerful HDR Software - Exclusive Discount
- Amazing Pro Nik Photoshop Plugins - 100% Off - 100% Free
- Try Adobe Stock Free for One Month - Ends Soon!
- Topaz Full Photo Collection - Half Price - All Plugins For $249.99
- Topaz Texture Effects Sale - $49.99
- PhotoshopSupport and Adobe Exclusive Deal On Creative Cloud Photography Plan - Save Up To 20% On Your First Year
- Adobe Announces Major Updates to its Entire Photoshop and Lightroom Product Line
- Merging multiple images to create a panorama
- All About Smart Objects - Free Video Tutorial